Monday, April 03, 2006

Opening Day


It has been a long off-season, but all the waiting is over -- it's baseball season once again. The Padres home opener was actually their first game of the year this year. It seems most years the home opener is after they've already played a series or two someplace else -- but not this year. This year, the opening day of baseball was right in our town, and we had tickets. The Padres managed to win this game, which made opening day all the sweeter.

This photo was taken before the game started. To give it that "timeless" feel, I shot it in sepia -- no I didn't convert the color photo later, I shot it with my camera in sepia mode. Even though this is opening day 2006, this image makes me feel as if I'm at a game 100 years ago. I imagine the anticipation, the very essence of the experience for those attending so long ago was much like mine today.

It's baseball season again. Can life get any better?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home