Monday, July 04, 2005

Southwest Vacation, Day 3



Day 3 was a short travel day to Flagstaff for our hotel, but Sedona, AZ for touring around. We were able to check out the church on the hill, but while grabbing some ice cream at the local convenience store, I noted our tire seemed a bit low. I tried to pump it up, but I discovered it was leaking around the valve stem itself. We got out the equipment so we could change the tire only to discover that the lug wrench that came with the car didn't fit the lug nuts on the new custom wheels we bought for the car. Fortunately we had brought some tools with us for whatever emergency may befall us. I had my complete socket set. I found the right socket -- it fit the 1/2" ratchet. My socket set has 1/4" ratchet, 3/8" ratchet, and a 1/2" ratchet, with applicable sockets. It also comes with an extender for the 1/4" and 3/8" ratchets. Um... none for the 1/2". I couldn't reach the lug nuts without it. A call to AAA and a guy was there to change the tire for us in about 15 minutes. Still, all that took some time and we missed out on seeing other sites in Sedona. We at least were able to drive around a bit and watch the sunset from the airport overlooking downtown Sedona.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home